2. Seller shall undertake the necessary technical and organizational means to protect the processed personal data.
4. In case of and in line with the conditions specified in the Law on personal data protection, especially in art. 24 and art. 32-35, customer is entitled to access their data, correct it or delete it.
5. Customer might give consent to have their personal data processed by seller for marketing purposes, as well as consent to be sent trade information by seller via e-mail.
6. In each case disclosure of personal data by customer is voluntary- subject to that fact that some data is essential for seller to execute the sale contract concluded through store.
7. Customer personal data might be disclosed to a third party if such right or duties result from the rule of law.
Technical requirements, prohibition of posting illegal content, complaints regarding store operation
1. Through store seller provides customers with the possibility of free use of the following e-services (within the meaning of the law of 18 July 2002 on providing e-services, Journal of Laws .2002.144.1204 as amended):
a) making store content available.
2. In order to use the above services customer shall have at their disposal: a device that might be connected to the Internet and has an operating system, Internet connection, as well as an e-mail account.
4. Customer shall not use this store to post content (e.g. comments) of illegal character– including content promoting violence or pornography or content infringing rights of a third party. Shall seller receive any official notification or reliable information regarding illegal character of stored content provided by customer, seller might prevent access to this content.
5. Customer shall:
a) not make use of store in a way that interferes with its functioning, especially by use of specific software or devices.
b) not take actions such as: circulating or posting spam in the Internet store,
c) use Internet store without causing inconvenience to other customers and seller,
6. In case of dissatisfaction with store operation, customer is entitled to submit a complaint via e-mail at: email@example.com. Customer shall be informed about the way of handling their complaint at the e-mail address it was sent from within 14 days from its receipt by seller.
2. In case of customers who are consumers whose permanent residence is European Union (except for Denmark) but outside of the Republic of Poland– section 1 is applied to the extent that it shall not exclude application of regulations applicable in the country of permanent residence of consumer, the ones that shall not be excluded on the grounds of the contract (see Art. 6 of the Directive of the European Parliament and European Council of 17 June 2008 on the governing law applicable for contractual obligations [Rome I, Journal of Laws of .UE.L.2008.177.6]).
1. This Policy specifies the rules for storing information by seller and their access to information stored on customer’s devices in the form of cookies.
a) Cookies - means IT data, especially small text files, saved and stored on devices that customer uses to connect with store internet site.
b) Own Cookies - means cookies placed by seller, connected with providing e-services by seller through store.
c) External Cookies - means cookies placed by a third party, via internet store website.
e) Device - means an electronic device through which customer gains access to store.
2. Seller uses the following types of cookies:
a) session cookies: are stored on customer’s device and remain there until the browser session has ended. Stored information is then permanently deleted from device memory.
b) persistent cookies: are stored on customer’s device and remain there until they are deleted. Ending browser session or disconnecting device does not delete them from device.
3. Using cookies by seller does not cause configuration changes in customer’s device and software installed on device.
1. Seller makes use of own cookies in order to:
- authenticate customer in the service and ensure user’s session in store,
- execute processes necessary for full functionality of internet sites.
2. Seller uses external cookies in order to:
- collect general and anonymous statistical data by analytical tools ,
- use interactive features to popularize store with the help of social networking.
1. Customer has the possibility to limit or disconnect access of cookies to their device in browser settings or through service configuration, especially in such a way that blocks automatic management cookies or be informed whenever cookies are placed on customer’s device. Detailed information regarding the possibility and methods of managing cookies is available in software settings (of Internet browser).
2. Customer might delete cookies at any time.